Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Newly Built computer - help  (Read 3048 times)

ScoutCM101

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Newly Built computer - help
    « on: January 10, 2010, 07:52:48 AM »
    Hi all,
              Put my new PC together yesterday and today trying to install drivers and get it all working nicely. I'm running windows 7 ultimate. First problem is to do with my Gigabyte motherboard and the driver installation CD that came with it, i click install all drivers (the reccomended ones happen to be all of the available ones) and it goes throught the process restarting several times, but afterwards only seems to have installed an energy saver program as it has (in blue text) installed next to it and the others don't.
              Secondly, My graphics card doesn't seem to be detected by the computer, i installed the drivers and the "catalyst" program thing but i'm still fairly sure it doesn't work. I am certain the graphics card is inserted in the pc correctly as my screen is plugged into the back of it and the screen works fine (so by that logic i'm assuming that the graphics card must also be installed fine).
               Finally, my screen is supposed to support up to 1920x1080, but the highest I can choose in resolution settings is 1400x1050. My screen is 23"".
    Would really appreciate any help with any of my issues (i'm a complete computer builder beginner, this is my first one) if anyone can spot my problem.
    thanks

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Newly Built computer - help
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:56:30 AM »
    No need to post more than once.

ScoutCM101

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:58:31 AM »
      Sorry i probably posted it in the wrong place (was my thinking anyway) first time so i put it here, i'll go delete it from the other area.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:55:50 AM »
      Open up Device Manager...any Yellow !'s or ?'s ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ScoutCM101

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 08:59:32 AM »
        No there aren't any of those :s