Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Switching Graphics Cards Between Computers  (Read 2900 times)

whistler49

Topic Starter

Rookie

Switching Graphics Cards Between Computers
    « on: January 10, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »
    I want to move two nVidia GEForce 7600GS graphics cards from an ASUS P5ND motherboard to an ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATAII motherboard.  The card and board configurations require that the cards be moved from two PCIEx16_2 slots on the ASUS motherboard to one AGI Express1 slot (PCI Express x4) and one PCI Express x16 slot (PCIE1) on the ASRock motherboard.  Can anyone help me determine whether the two cards will work on the second motherboard?  Will they work as well on the ASRock as they did on the ASUS motherboard?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

P.S. -- The ASRock motherboard manual says that its slots are compatible with an nVidia GEForce 7600GT card, but my cards are 7600GS cards.  Does this one-letter difference present a problem?  Thanks again. 

mannsupreme

Beginner
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Switching Graphics Cards Between Computers
      « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »
      as far as my knowledge goes about motherboards and graphics cards, im fairly sure that those cards will work fine on that motherboard, however i dont think changing motherboard will make any difference in performance, that only really affects the processor and the RAM
      Why did the lion get lost?
      Because jungle is massive!

whistler49

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Switching Graphics Cards Between Computers
        « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
        Thanks for that (I'm changing motherboards for unrelated reasons).