Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re-Installed XP With Different Disk Than Original-How do I activate?  (Read 2558 times)

Caique Lady

My computer had to have a clean re-installation of Windows XP and the installation has gone fine.  I realize I still have to install the drivers for most of the programs, etc; but my question is this.....

I did not have the original installation disk as Gateway did not supply it.  I could not get into the recovery partition so I had to do a clean re-install.  Not having the original disk, I had to use another xp disk.

What do I have to do to get Windows activated without it stating it is a pirated copy?

Thanks in advance.

jlexen

Re: Re-Installed XP With Different Disk Than Original-How do I activate?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »
[removed non-tolerated material... geez  :-\]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:26:18 AM by jlexen »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:03:52 PM »
There's ways to fake an activation.
Advice like that won't be tolerated on this board.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »

Bronis is  r right.

This here place  is a very good forum and telling people how to cheat downgrades the value of this site.

You really need to pester Gateway and tell them how upset your are that the had to make things so hard for you. If you call Microsoft for help, and it you get through, that is about what they will tell you. If you really persist, they have provide you with a CD that will reload the recovery partition for you. You just have to try hard.

jkolak

Hopeful
    « Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »
    Do you have the Windows Product Key? It should be in your documentation that your received with your computer. Some manufacturers also apply the product key sticker somewhere on the computer case. Once you have the product key, you can enter it into your Windows installation by clicking on "Resolve Now".