Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internal card reader not working properly  (Read 2654 times)

GQ

Topic Starter

Rookie

Internal card reader not working properly
    « on: January 13, 2010, 11:19:57 AM »
    Just Installed a new 5.25 bay mounted multi function panel. It has a multi flash media card reader & writer + usb powered hub + 1394 port + audio ports + sata port. I installed a 2.0 USB PCI card and plugged the multi panel in to the internal usb port on the card. I only wanted the front panel usb ports and the card reader hooked up. The usb ports work fine. The card reader doesn't . I use SD 2 GB cards. I can view the files on the cards while in the card reader but when I try to move them to my computer hard drive I get the error message :CANNOT COPY   :THE PARAMETER IS INCORRECT. I have tried different SD and other formats of media cards with the same results. If I use one of those cheap SD card readers in the usb port on the front panel I can move the files just fine ,so its not the cards or the usb card, it must be the card reader. There is no firmware update for this reader. In device manager it reports the device is operating properly. Any one have any ideas what is going on?  :-\

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Internal card reader not working properly
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »
    Without knowing what computer you have, what USB 2.0 PCI card you have, and what card reader you have; I would say the card reader is defective.  I have 2 computers, both with card readers and all slots in the card reader show as drives in My Computer, even with no card inserted.  Both card readers plug into ports on the motherboard, with a 9-pin connector.

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]