Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Got virus now stuck and windows welcome screen  (Read 2977 times)

trab

Got virus now stuck and windows welcome screen
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:43:18 AM »
Hey guys i recently booted up my work PC to find the my background is changed to all green, black box in the middle saying my computer is infected.

First thing i did is pulled this forum up and started reading away at a thread somebody had posted a while back about the same thing. Well i tried running CC  first, then moved on to trying adaware. Neither worked so i tried a suggestion off of this website. They told the person to try downloading this http://www.the-pc-guru.com/files/dwpfix.reg ... Well i ran that program and it seemed to do nothing. So i then downloaded AVG and gave it a run. EVERYTHING on the computer was fixed and running great. So i gave it a quick restart just to be sure. Now the computer is stuck at the welcome screen, when i click my user name for it to log in it starts to load. Then i believe it tells me it is closing all connections, then stops loading and is just at the welcome screen again. I click it again the same thing happens. I have tried everything you can do with a windows disc and its repair options. If i try to boot into safe mode i get a blue screen of death (i think computer was doing this before i had this problem). Also i believe that my computer is still running behind the welcome screen, this computer is linked via my router wirelessly to another computer. The second computer will pull up the shared files, and run a certain program we use for work. It will not do this unless the stuck computer is connected to the internet and has linksys's software up and running. If you have any ideas PLEASE let me know. Thanks guys