Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: compaq will not load pass splash screen  (Read 2948 times)

mostlydo

Topic Starter

compaq will not load pass splash screen
    « on: January 17, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »
    my compaq desktop will not allow me to load past the splash screen. issue occured this morning after reboot. computer was on standy through the night and when awoke this morning, it was laggy so retried. when rebooted the computer loaded very quickly to splash screen. waited for about a minute. nothing. pressed f2 and f10 and still nothing. manually powered down computer and rebooted,  this time holding down esc key to access bios. nothing. it just instantly loaded to bios and was stuck there. i than powered down and unplugged hard drive and rebooted. instantly rebooted to splash screen. no errors about hardware unplugged or not found. no black screen with cursor blinking. nothing. just the splash screen. now i have been asking around and been suggested it may be bad ram, bios issues. power issues. overheating?? i personnaly have tried to rule out as much as possible. the power issue doesnt seem to be, im not recieving any errors  about power and the light on the back of the tower is solid green. overheating i have tried to rule out based on all fans running smooth.. theres no loose cables anywhere. im down to ram or bios. im not a professional and would greatly apperciate any suggestions or ideas. thanks ahead of time.

truenorth

Guru

Re: compaq will not load pass splash screen
      « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 11:21:54 AM »
      mostlydo, Seeing as you are not intimidated to enter the interior of your computer and to lessen  the possibility of a RAM issue i suggest the following. Remove all of the RAM modules from the computer and then one at a time reinstall them. If the 1st one you reinstall does NOT make a difference remove it and proceed to the next RAM stick. You might also try them in different slots during this process. Given the unlikely event that they are all bad this should alter your situation (if the problem is RAM related).truenorth

mostlydo

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »
        i didnt have to go that far for some reason i returned home and its working fine, i think it was more or less a overheating issue or an issue from standy to up and running, 2 days and it has had no issues. thanks for the support.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »
        Gremlins.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "