Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Computer Hope member rating  (Read 24957 times)

Raptor

Re: New Computer Hope member rating
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 10:39:07 AM »
Such posts are only exciting when names are mentioned. Please do so.  :)

merlin_2

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 12:35:56 PM »
As i have already stated........the expert title no one deserves.....as no one will live long enough!so the star rating will surfice:Thanks for reading  this woe!....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:41:26 PM by merlin_2 »

squirrel

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 07:09:39 AM »
I kind of like the ratings the way they are--both words AND stars!!! :) :) :)

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 07:27:06 AM »
I would scrap the system all together. Longevity does not always equal quality.

If I were posting a question, I would prefer a quality, workable solution from a "Newbie" rather than an non-responsive, off-topic, political rant from an "Expert".

Just my 2¢ worth.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Raptor

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 07:31:10 AM »
I do not bother with politics. But I'll gladly rant on about morales. anything ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 07:31:37 AM by Raptor »

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    « Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 08:27:08 AM »
    ....rather than an non-responsive, off-topic, political rant from an "Expert".

Sidewinder, I'm shocked! That would NEVER happen here ! ;)
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 08:27:30 AM by DabbaDoo »
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

merlin_2

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 02:59:03 PM »
    I stick with sidewinder and my views......great minds think alike.....

oO_N00B_Oo

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 11:19:53 AM »
    hello... my nnames jack, and as my display name implies im a newb with computers...well building them that is.  i recently purchased enought parts to build a computer...after a few days me and my friend ( who had built his own comp in the past) got mine together... we had a lil trouble when we powered up because when we did the power would only last a little bit but we managed to get by that problem... but late last night when we got the monitor all set up and we powered up the system nothing appeared on the screen...this was a little discouraging... i reallly nedd help...so please if ane of u have advice, please helpp me out... thanx

Raptor

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 12:27:58 PM »
    Create a new topic and explain your problem in full.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 12:07:18 PM »
    ... the member groups are now setup as the following.

Computer Hope Newbie < 50 posts
    Computer Hope Junior Member 50+ posts
    Computer Hope Full Member 100+ posts
    Computer Hope Senior Member 250+ posts
    Computer Hope Expert 500+ posts

If any of our members have any additional comments about this change please feel free to post those comments here...

Personally, i don't consider my experience & knowledge to be on par with Raptor, Merlin, DL65 and others.  

I thought it was too easy to reach 500 posts in a short amount of time.  I'm probably in the minority, but i'd like to suggest adding a zero to the end of the requirements.  Hence:

Computer Hope Newbie < 500 posts
    Computer Hope Junior Member 500+ posts
    Computer Hope Full Member 1000+ posts
    Computer Hope Senior Member 2500+ posts
    Computer Hope Expert 5000+ posts

Of course, this still doesn't reflect reality, for folks like Sidewinder, FED and many others show a great deal of knowledge but do not post as frequently (or have not been posting as long).   However, this would give the recognition due to those who are pillars of the forum.  This would also give some members a greater sense of accomplishment at reaching Expert, or perhaps more incentive to stick with the forum longer.  (I hate to see people like M_2 leave.)

Just something to think about!
    Doc

yourfateissealed

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 01:44:26 PM »
    Well...

I am by no means an expert...

I just give suggestions, and give definate answers when I can.  That makes me feel like a member of this community...

Its not all about ratings or post counts :-/

I wouldnt care if it said I was an expert or a newbie...besides...if i post enough, it will say I am an expert...and we know that I am not (as stated above)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005, 02:04:58 PM »
      People..........

Why do some of you get all wrapped around the axle over how the the posters are "rated" ..........

I suppose that if your the kind of person who likes to see ........... Themselves being refered to as something they aren't then .....those people might get a rush or whatever .
      But , in reality ......who cares ........it matters not if we the posters are given gold stars , are refered to as "Newbies " or "Experts" or are somewhere in between .
      The people who come to this forum looking for resolve to some issue they have , could care less at how someone is "rated" or how many posts they have.......THAT ....doesn't mean squat.  It's workable answers or fixes they're looking for.
      So here's a novel idea .........stop sweating the things that don't matter and focus on the things that do .........
      AND the last time I checked , it was about trying to help people with their issues .........That's computer related.

Enough said.........

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 02:06:46 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

yourfateissealed

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2005, 02:09:55 PM »
      People..........

Why do some of you get all wrapped around the axle over how the the posters are "rated" ..........

I suppose that if your the kind of person who likes to see ........... Themselves being refered to as something they aren't then .....those people might get a rush or whatever .
      But , in reality ......who cares ........it matters not if we the posters are given gold stars , are refered to as "Newbies " or "Experts" or are somewhere in between .
      The people who come to this forum looking for resolve to some issue they have , could care less at how someone is "rated" or how many posts they have.......THAT ....doesn't mean squat.  It's workable answers or fixes they're looking for.
      So here's a novel idea .........stop sweating the things that don't matter and focus on the things that do .........
      AND the last time I checked , it was about trying to help people with their issues .........That's computer related.

Enough said.........

dl65  ::)

You Rule.

Raptor

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2005, 02:49:46 PM »
      When if I grow up I want to be just like you.

Samuel

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2005, 11:39:08 PM »
      People..........

Enough said.........

You hit the nail right on the head, dl. This site would be a lot more enjoyable and helpful if some of these "experts" remembered that. How many of them would still be here if we got rid of the stars and stopped showing the post counts?