Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound card not detected after windows service pack 3 update  (Read 2360 times)

mdroberts

Sound card not detected after windows service pack 3 update
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:30:47 AM »
Hello, I bought a gateway E4300 on ebay, and the sound was working fine before I installed Windows XP service pack 3, now my computer can't detect the sound card. I tried system restore, but it won't let me restore to any previous point. My device manager does show some sound card drivers are working properly, but I'm not sure if there the correct ones for my card (which I unfortunately don't know the brand of).
My motherboard is D915GUX, and from looking at it, I think the sound card is integrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

EEVIAC

Re: Sound card not detected after windows service pack 3 update
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:38:45 AM »
Assuming that your speakers are properly connected (check the cables) try using one of the original drivers for that machine, from Gateway HERE.   Scroll down to "Sound Downloads"

If one of these don't work, try rolling back the driver in device manager..

Are you using the latest chipset driver for your computer?  You may want to look into that, if all else fails..  Check out the 2007 version chipset driver for that board from here.