Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Deleting profiles tip on a network.  (Read 2102 times)

midsail

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Deleting profiles tip on a network.
    « on: January 23, 2010, 07:00:20 AM »
    Thought I share this tip. In our training class environment, different users are constantly  logging into the training PC's. Over time this creates a massive profile list, which over time slows the PC's. I know MS has a program call Steady State, but this would not do the trick. Using this program would not allow the computers to receive updates and patches push by the network at night. MS also has a program called Delprof that will delete profiles. This program works great, but it does have limits. The one biggest is you have to go to each PC install the program and execute it manually each time you want to delete the profiles. This program only deletes profiles, thus allowing Networking to push the necessary updates and patches.

The work around  is to install the program and create a batch file saving it in system 32 (or anywhere you want). Once done go to Schedule Task and create the task pointing to where you saved the batch file. This works great because once created you can adjust the time and frequently to run the task. BTW we set ours to run on every Friday at 7 PM.

Hope this helps someone, let me know.