Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINDOWS XP  (Read 2231 times)

MARYBOO

Topic Starter

Beginner
    WINDOWS XP
    « on: January 23, 2010, 08:02:15 AM »
    I would like to no some thing  about  this computer. some one gave it to me. how can i fine out what size is it. is windows xp is the name of it can some one please help
    Mary

ronbagwell

Rookie

Re: WINDOWS XP
      « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »
      Hi Maryboo

I am new to the Forum but here goes to get you started:

Switch on your computer and wait until you reach the 'Desk Top. This is where you will see a range of icons that indicate which computer applications and other programs are available to you. There is a bit more to it than that but we shall leave that for another time.

Now to begin to provide the information you seek:

Click once on the Start Button - see bottom left of your screen
      Look for 'My Computer' which you will find on the list which appears.
      Hover the mouse over this entry and you should be able to read a note that pops up. This tells you what 'My Computer' is going to do for you.
      Click once on 'My Computer' with the left key of the mouse.
      You will see a list to the left of the screen under 'System Tasks'
      Click once on 'View System Information'
      You should see a screen that includes a number of labelled tabs; General, Computer Name, Hardware, Advanced, Remote.
      If you click once on each of these tabs in turn you will be able to read information about your computer, e.g. size of the RAM (memory), the speed of the CPU (Chip Processor), the version of the XP operating System that is on your computer. By the way your computer is maybe called by another name, perhaps it is a Dell or Acer or Packard Bell. XP is the name given to the Microsoft operating system normally.
      You will not be able to change the settings on your computer unless you are the 'Administrator'. You may not need to do this anyway so do not be concerned about this at this stage.

I hope this explanation helps you to get a basic understanding of the makeup of your PC

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: WINDOWS XP
      « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:24:35 PM »
      I would like to no some thing  about  this computer. some one gave it to me. how can i fine out what size is it. is windows xp is the name of it can some one please help
      EVEREST Free Edition 2.20