Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless/Microsoft Problems and etc.  (Read 2681 times)

gWrOeLyF

Topic Starter

Rookie

Wireless/Microsoft Problems and etc.
    « on: January 23, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »
    Hello, i have 3 problems to be exact with my computer.
    1. Every time I start up windows i get two of the same messages and also when i click on my wireless utility icon folder i get the same message  (Microsoft Process Kill Utility)
    2. I cant update my wireless network adapter it says error 1316 a network error accured   while attempting to read file. then says fatal error consult windows installer helper...
    3. my net work is stuck at 11mbps and i want it at 54 but without update idk how. also i have to have windows automaticaly connect to internet since i cant use my wirless utility icon or program in general and some times it dissconnects me. ( other computer runs strong at 54mbps )...

DETAILS:

Anti-Virus: Norton internet security 2009.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    please help i really want to be at 54mbps and have the kill utility to go away and have my puter nice again.

midsail

Hopeful
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Wireless/Microsoft Problems and etc.
      « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
      Hello
      Let start by first stating u will never get the 54mbps the service states. This is only a theoretical speed. I assume this is a wireless card?
      OK,  now lets start troubleshooting.
      First:  let start by doing a check disk. If u have a Win XP  disk use the Recovery Console check disk. This is the preferred way. If not use u can right click the C:\ >tools>check disk select both options,follow instruction. This will give us some what clean file system. 
      Second: If u can not use your laptop download the drivers from the manufacture website and save them to a flash drive. U might have to use a friend PC.   Uninstall the existing drivers first, then reinstall the new drivers.
      Keep in mind that location make a big difference in receiving the signal. Write back and let us know the out come.

t_blake07

Apprentice
        « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »
        I really hope you're not paying for 54Mb/s. And something makes me think the 11Mb/s is all you're going to get. Even if you can get more, It's still not worth paying for 54Mb/s. Who is your ISP?

gWrOeLyF

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 05:45:30 AM »
          i reinstalled the software for the encore enlwi-g2 with my flashdrive, it worked no more kill utility but if it ever pops up imma search kill.exe for malware.  thank your for the advice on reinstalling i cant believe it was that simple.... and i got full bar just it ranges for 1mbps-19 rarely mbps... while my computer next to this one stays strong at 54mbps, im sure im doing something simple again... any suggestion?

encore  enlwi-g2  wireless adapter.

att wireless tower.

other computer always has fast internet..

thanks again guys i appreciate the help