Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista's fault?  (Read 10299 times)

nate22

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Vista's fault?
    « Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 03:19:22 PM »
    I got my PSU yesterday. I hooked everything up and booted. Vista went about good the first boot but i booted again it had some drivers failing. I beleive it was a network driver. I used my upgrade disc and upgraded to Windows 7 and have only restarted the machine twice and that was to install the updates. So far everything has worked fine. Anything i should do?

nate22

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »
      I turned my computer off last night before heading to bed. I went to school and came back after a basket ball game. I came up to my room pressed the power button went through the normal for me. The a black screen pops up saying no operating system found.... I took a video of everything around it and the messege i receive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SOSALU6M30

nate22

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »
        FALSE ALARM

For some reason my boot priority was set differently and when i tried to set the boot priority my hard drive wasn't showing up.

nate22

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »
          I found the solution and my pc is now in proper working condition. I thank all who have helped me with my issues. My problem was a bad stick of ram. I used the tools in the boot menu of Kubuntu to test my hard drive and memory. I let the memory test run over night i woke up to 173,489 errors. I went threw the proccess of elimination and found the bad stick of memory. Thanks very much guys.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 01:29:02 PM »
          Get your money back for that memory...and glad to hear you are sorted ! !
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

nate22

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »
            Can i get my money back even if i bought it about 6 months ago?

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 12:45:05 AM »
            Probably can't get your money back but it most likely has a lifetime warranty. You will probably have to go through the manufacture for a replacement and not where you bought it.