Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: word documents will not open  (Read 2265 times)

Marjorie

Topic Starter

Beginner

word documents will not open
    « on: January 28, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »
    Something is blocking ALL my word documents from opening.  Where would I begin to look for a solution to this?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: word documents will not open
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:27:28 AM »
    How are you trying to open them?  What happens?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:37:39 AM »
    Please provide as much information about the situation as you can - including what happened between the last time everything worked properly and the first time it didn't

Marjorie

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »
      it is a long story. I don't know when this started, so can't take a step back.  a few weeks ago I installed the IM booster which is a disaster. It was hijacking my home page among other things. I couldn't uninstall it from add/remove.  I used revo uninstaller and got it out.  I do think that is where the problem started. Now when I go to my documents and try to open a word document like usual, (double clicking on the file) the hour glass sits there, and after about a half minute or longer, it finally opens.  All my other files open immediately it is just the word documents. What would affect these files?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »
      What happens if you open word first and then open a document? What take longer to open, Word or the document?