Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No internet access?  (Read 6998 times)

Zim0n

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: No internet access?
    « Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 04:34:07 AM »
    Have now booted up in safe mode with networking, and i can connect to the internet and use my browser just like normal! works fine with both cable and wireless while in safe mode!.... Now how can i solve the problem so that it works while not in safe mode?  ???

EEVIAC

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 05:28:44 AM »
    excellent progress..

We've now confirmed that this is a software issue..  Whether it be viruses or some run away driver/service/app, we should remove the possibility of viruses first..

What I would do now, is while in Safe Mode with Networking, download and install Malwarebytes (it's free)... Click on the "update" tab and update to make sure your using the latest definitions...Run the scan..   Download, install, update, and run "Spybot Search and Destroy" (do not install the "tea timer" when you install spybot)....  Run both of these, and if it finds/removes malware, try browsing again in normal mode and see what you get... If the anti-virus software doesn't find any malware, just post back...

Zim0n

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 06:02:18 AM »
      No need for anything more now! just solved the problem, i read on another website that norton sometimes occurs this problem, so i uninstalled Norton antivirus and rebooted. When i started my browser everything was back to normal!
       Thanks a lot for all the help!

EEVIAC

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 06:09:43 AM »
      good news

Safe Mode obviously disabled Norton services, which allowed unrestricted browsing..  ;)

talontromper

Hopeful
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
      however it would be prudent to reinstall norton but just scale back the intrusivness of the AV software
      "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide