Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: photo prints out with a red tint  (Read 2888 times)

JAJsangel

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Familiar
    photo prints out with a red tint
    « on: January 31, 2010, 11:59:41 AM »
    my printer is an HP Deskjet 1500.

I had brand new ink cartridges when I started. first time I printed the photo I had the wrong setting so it ended up printing out small but it had the right colors.
    now everytime it prints, it prints the right size but it has a red tint to it.

I've tried running diagnostic page and had the cartridges cleaned.

I tried using Microsoft Office picture manager to autocorrect it and renamed it to a jpg file.

now that I've done a few sheets on this one photo my color cartridge has now only a little more than half left but that should be enough right? there's plenty of black left still btw.

I've never used this printer before for photos btw and I was able to print photos perfectly with the one I had before..so I'm kinda thinking it's the printer but idk.

Avooc

Rookie
      Re: photo prints out with a red tint
      « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »
      Have you contacted the manufacturer of the ink cartridges? Also what type of ink cartridge is it
      ?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        • Experience: Expert
        Re: photo prints out with a red tint
        « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »
        Have you contacted the manufacturer of the ink cartridges? Also what type of ink cartridge is it
        ?

Are they HP cartridges?

Alan <><  :D
        I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!