Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Updating problem!  (Read 2416 times)

tsamzen

Topic Starter

Updating problem!
    « on: February 03, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
    Greetings to all! I just found this site and looks helpful.

My Window Vista Home Premium update is automated until April 19, 2009. Since then I have to put on manaully because updates keep stopping internet to work. 55 important updates are there but even a single update stops internet and I have to perform system restore to regain the internet.  What could I do to get updates and internet work? any solution will be appreciated. Thanks alot in advance!

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Updating problem!
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:45:08 AM »
    What make and model computer is this?  Do you have a Recovery partition, which would permit you to restore the system to its original configuration, i.e. the way it was when new? 

Edit: Of course, you should back up all important files on some external medium.  Running the Recovery would format your hard drive and reinstall all original software.
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:35:36 AM by soybean »

tsamzen

Topic Starter

Re: Updating problem!
      « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
      Thanks for the suggestion. Brief info on my computer.
      Manufacturer: HP 
      Model: a1720n
      Processor: Intel (R)Core(TM)2 CPU 6300@ 1.86GHz  1.87GHz
      RAM: 3GB
      System Type: 32 bit Operating System

As I have mentioned above, I didn't have any prob until 19 April, 2009. Internet won't work if do any update. That's the only problem I have. Please help more.