Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New case/same motherboard  (Read 5026 times)

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: New case/same motherboard
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 01:54:13 AM »
If they didn't have that one you could just buy any 4 wire adapter and splice it in but by the time you do that you would just as well off to buy a new $10 fan with the 4 pin on it to begin with. I saw a couple of fans on bestbuy's website that said they came with the adapter. If you have a RadioShack they might have the adapter.

t_blake07

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    « Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 01:57:31 AM »
    There are a couple of PC shops here in town that I could check out. I kind of refrain from going into those places. I built a system a couple years back, a total $1800 was spent on all the hardware and Vista 64bit OEM. I wanted to sell it, and the most they would give me was $300. He said he could only get around $400 for it. I guess i'll suck it up and go see if they got what I need though. They did just expand the business and the owner got himself a new Benz, so they must be makin' a killin off of those $400 ($1800) systems.

t_blake07

Topic Starter

Apprentice
      « Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 02:00:11 AM »
      How could I have forgotten about Radio Shack?  :o

t_blake07

Topic Starter

Apprentice
        « Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 02:41:00 AM »
        Ok I hooked mine up and it hasn't shut off yet. Everest is showing it at 950 RPM with core temps at 20C and Mobo temp at 23C. I couldn't find anything in BIOS.

Everest is showing 3 temps for me:

1.Motherboard - 34C
        2.Aux - 84C
        3.WDC HDD - 37C

Please don't tell me that Aux temp is my CPU. I've applied Arctic Silver thermal compound as I always have before. The only thing I can think of is the heatsink. It's the one that was on the Celeron. I couldn't switch because the E5400 came with the push locks, and my board has the screw locks. I know it's secure though. Also, the CPU fan is running @ 4355 RPM.

t_blake07

Topic Starter

Apprentice
          « Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 02:45:34 AM »
          I just noticed it's showing a monitor next to the Aux temp. So I guess its reading the integrated graphics temp.