Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer types "uuuu" even with keyboard removed  (Read 2273 times)

Handyman

Topic Starter

computer types "uuuu" even with keyboard removed
    « on: February 04, 2010, 07:26:11 PM »
    I have a HP omnibook xe4500 w/ pent 4 256mb ram 30g h.d. running a fresh install of windows XP home edition. the computer types "uuuuu" continuously. All diagnostics come back clean and device manager shows no errors or conflicts. Could this be caused by a BIOS error or is there a another reason for it.
                                                                                                    Thanks Handyman

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: computer types "uuuu" even with keyboard removed
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »
    Boot a DOS floppy. What does it do?

Handyman

Topic Starter

Re: computer types "uuuu" even with keyboard removed
      « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
      well i tried  to make a floppy for it but it is the only comp i have assembled with a floppy drive and with it continuously typing the uuuu i cant get to the hp site to burn it and it wont run from the cd drive for some reason or copy from the cd drive to the floppy
                                                           thank you for your time.   
                                                                                                   Handyman