Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virus prevents computer from booting normally  (Read 9263 times)

respectshmaa

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Virus prevents computer from booting normally
    « on: March 23, 2009, 01:57:51 AM »
    Just this morning my computer was working fine. All of a sudden I get a message that i have a trojan (AVG free notified me) i click heal and forget about it. Then i get a message saying "fuck3.exe has stopped working". I'm thinking that it's a virus or something so i start a scan. In the first few seconds of the scan i get about 30 trojans that pop up on the AVG free .

I cancel the scan and go to restart the computer . when it restarts normally, it goes past the XP loading screen and ends up with a black screen and wont go to the user accounts. The only way i can get to the desktop is by starting in safemode. I downloaded malwarebytes' anti malware and scanned for viruses. I got a bunch of and deleted them except one that I can't delete without restarting, but i cant restart normally because it just ends up with that black screen. It's really frustrating.

The virus seems to affect the internet as well. If i do a google search for virus help, and click the link I get routed to some *censored* site. If i copy the link directly and paste it into the browser it works fine, so it's been almost impossible to get help online.

the trojan that i can't delete without restarting is called "uacinit.dll" in the system32 folder. I would appreciate any ideas of how to be able to boot normally or how to remove the trojan. Ive been working at it for hours and I still can't boot the computer normally.  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: Virus prevents computer from booting normally
      « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 04:00:38 AM »
      Try using combofix and delete some of those unwanted entries in your registry editor. Next, download registry mechanic, scan your registry if you see some problems just click repair. Last thing is download an ATF cleaner for windows xp and firefox only, just clean everything. See if this would fix your problem.

respectshmaa

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:49:16 AM »
        okay i'll try downloading those programs and report back.

respectshmaa

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:00:33 AM »
          Okay this might have a simple answer but when i'm running combofix its asking me to turn off AVG free. The program doesn't seem to be running but it tells me to disable it. How do I do this?

respectshmaa

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 06:06:12 AM »
            Try using combofix and delete some of those unwanted entries in your registry editor. Next, download registry mechanic, scan your registry if you see some problems just click repair. Last thing is download an ATF cleaner for windows xp and firefox only, just clean everything. See if this would fix your problem.
            I gotta thank you man. I think my computer is virus free now. You are a life saver!  ;D

respectshmaa

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »
              Bad news. After Doing all that the guy above asked, and after a full virus scan that deleted 3 trojans, my computer seemed to work fine. It restarted a couple times without hiccups. I tried restarting it again and now it won't. It does the same thing, goes to user accounts and then to a black screen. It only goes to the desktop on safemode. Do I have to repeat the steps above or what?  :-[

Black1ce245

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »
              hey can u help me 2?
              i have the same problem but my computer wont even let me go into safe mode :(
              it doesnt go to the loggin in screen it juss goes black for 10 secs then restarts n does the same thing over n over again

Jpollaci

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 03:05:14 PM »
              I've got the same issue. Any help is appreciated.