Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which Browser is the Best?  (Read 18700 times)

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Which Browser is the Best?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »
I totally agree with Soybean, having a number of browsers installed on your hard drive will not slow down your system at all.  I've been amazed at a few of the posts that recommend deleting unused programs off the hard drive to speed up the machine.  Except in some rare extreme cases it doesn't make a difference.

You can have all kinds of unnecessary junk on your hard drive, and as long as it's not running, it won't slow down your system.  Although, if it's junk it's best to get rid of it anyway.

save space on your computer for more important things, yes  ;D

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »
Web browsers do not consume a lot of hard drive space, in comparison to many programs installed on computers.  And, in light of huge hard drives now on many computers, hard drive space for multiple browsers is not a signficant issue.

Some users, such as web developers, should definitely have multiple browsers installed and test web pages in different browsers.  Other users may simply want to take a different browser out for a test drive and see how they like it.  And, they may just like occasionally using a browser other than the one they usually use.

2x3i5x

Expert
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 12:39:57 AM »
Lunascape Browser may be a good browser for the web developer, as it has Trident, Gecko and Webkit all in one software. It's missing out on Opera's engine though.

Web browsers may not consume a lot of hard drive space, but everything you install to your computer all adds up anyway.  :P

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 12:44:25 AM »
Lunascape Browser may be a good browser for the web developer, as it has Trident, Gecko and Webkit all in one software. It's missing out on Opera's engine though.

But does it also use the various different script engines that each one uses? doubtful.

Web browsers may not consume a lot of hard drive space, but everything you install to your computer all adds up anyway.  :P

utter nonsense. When a drive is full, you don't think, "well, golly gee, I better uninstall this 30 MB web browser that I use everyday!", no. In that case it's more likely that games or large data files (music/movies) are going to be scrutinized.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

2x3i5x

Expert
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 12:59:21 AM »
[quote ]
But does it also use the various different script engines that each one uses? doubtful.[/quote]

Lunascape browser worked exactly like firefox last time I tried in gecko mode, you can even install firefox addons like the regular firefox.

utter nonsense. When a drive is full, you don't think, "well, golly gee, I better uninstall this 30 MB web browser that I use everyday!", no. In that case it's more likely that games or large data files (music/movies) are going to be scrutinized.

True, but I think that if you don't use the software, then just uninstall it so you have that space for other things you use more frequently even if it's small. At least, that's what I think.  :P

Saurabhdua

Hopeful

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:04 AM »
    Hello Guys! 8)

I wish to accomplish something very similar in context to following post, which has remained unanswered till this time!? ;)

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,101266.msg686334.html#msg686334

Please help make 'Sleipnir' browser work on Gecko rendering engine!! :-*

Millkman

Rookie
    • alright
      « Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »
      +1 on google chrome

Easy to use
      fast
      Looks cool
      Like the whole google in your address bar shortcut

:o
      yeee bwoii

Imran619

Beginner
      • When things aren't going right, Go left
        « Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 08:04:23 AM »
        Opera all the way, perfect browsing and everything. Even when I play an online game which runs through the web browser, And even when im running scans it's still works well. Mozilla Firefox freezes to much and is so overated in my opinion 8). Google chrome is ok has good graphics, but out of all browsers, Opera is the best  8) ;D
        Because you can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Digitalmind

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »
          after i Installed IE8 in my computer, my system got slow down, previously i was using ie6, is that due to installation of ie8 or i have been attacked with some kind of malware, adware, or any virus kind of things any help shall be appreciated
          thanks
          Jack
          Strategic online marketing agency

2x3i5x

Expert
          « Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »
          IE9 is in the works. Hopefully it goes better than IE8,

IE9 goes for HTML 5, is HTML 5 going to reduce bandwidth usage in addition to CPU processing power for those adobe flash-required video sites?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          « Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 04:19:54 PM »
          IE9 is in the works. Hopefully it goes better than IE8,

IE9 goes for HTML 5, is HTML 5 going to reduce bandwidth usage in addition to CPU processing power for those adobe flash-required video sites?

The Adobe Flash requiring sites will probably need to be redone to support HTML5... Unless there is some sort of built in support for the otherwise proprietary "SWF" format. (I think it's proprietary)

2x3i5x

Expert
          « Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »
          HTML 5, as I'm aware of, is supposedly going to allow playback of videos and such without plugins. That would mean functionality wouldn't change, but then reduced CPU power is great.

Like my mom's old Pentium 750 mHZ P3 with windows 2000 works fine (although maybe a bit slow when compared to current standards) except that when she tries watching videos on the web, a lot of times, the CPU processing spikes to almost 100%.

Also, I read somewhere that said Opera is probably the best browser to use on an outdated PC.  :P

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          « Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »
          hmm, I don't think the video playback features will be able to work with SWF, since that's a vector format (messy to deal with) flv (youtube, far far more popular overall) will probably work, though.

liciniusjack

Rookie
            « Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 04:59:09 AM »
            There are various browser like Google Chrome, Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox and opera etc. some people like Google Chrome, some people like internet explorer. But I like Mozilla Firefox is the most important of these all. it has better functon which are suitable to my job profile.

kaveman1969

Rookie

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 08:29:38 PM »
              Of course it's all personal opinion, but Firefox is the best to me too. I didn't like it in the early days, too different than what I was used to.
              But once I gave it a chance, I've found I can't live without the add ons available. It's stable fast and it's said safer, although I never got a virus with IE.

I've tried Opera and Chrome, and I keep coming back to FF for the customization. It's the best to me, but again, up to the individual.