Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Newly built PC.  (Read 2502 times)

sierobin

Topic Starter

Rookie

Newly built PC.
    « on: February 10, 2010, 02:37:01 PM »
    I just put together a new computer. Everything is brand new but the computer will not power on at all. Weird thing is, all I get is the flashing onboard power button and a light beeping sound. The motherboard is a Asus P6X58D Premium. Nothing else lights up like the fans or the power supply.

Here's the weird thing, if I try and push/hold down the EATXPWR cable you can see it light up and the fans start trying to kick in. It's an 850W XION PowerReal power supply and everything is connected correctly. Is this a faulty power supply or?

I'm stuck and quite upset I was so excited to get this running today, if anyone can offer any ideas, please help? lol.

Thank you in advance.

sierobin

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Newly built PC.
      « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »
      I figured out the problem. In my excitement and haste to get it built, I forgot to put the brass bolts under the motherboard.

Hopefully someone else will not make my newbish mistake haha.

Thank you all for looking at it though.

Helper4789

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 12:30:33 PM »
      Thanks very much for your post, this will then help other people on computerhope resolve their own problems. :)

schooboii

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:12:27 PM »
        yea man that had to SUCKKKK!!! lol i built my last computer about a year ago and i made damnnnnnn sure i didnt do what you just did lol. Did you fry anything in your computer? I imagine that would kill your motherboard right?

sierobin

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 01:07:15 AM »
          Sorry for the crazy delayed response.

No I did not fry the mobo, the PSU would shut off because once electricity flowed it was grounded by the case.

I'm actually posting directly from the computer now so, you know I have no problems :P