Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Favorite up coming game.  (Read 12888 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Favorite up coming game.
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »
O man i gotta lot to teach you lolz, nah it can be repetitve but thats the thing i dont play public i only play Practice Matches and mix's with my mates,
I lied before, I have played it.

It's not the repetitiveness- or more precisely, that isn't what I meant- Counter-Strike is really just a version of the OLD capture the flag mod for Quake. That's what I mean by repetitive. It's been done before.

The irony also is that your "serious gamer" friends who don't play it are only wannabe serious  gamers.

Trust me- after a game leaves the "mainstream" and becomes labelled as old, only people who truly know how to play the game will play it. This is why I find ZDaemon, Quake, Quake 2 and games of that era far more engaging online, in that the people playing actually know their stuff- even the "newest" players have at least been playing for years on single player.

Also, people who say that the graphics for these games are "dated" are no longer strictly correct- with high resolution textures, 3d-models for sprites and the addition of shaders, even games like Duke3d or Doom can push the latest graphics cards. (my 9800GT get's an equal workout from Duke3d as it does with Fallout 3 or Crysis)
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Millkman

Rookie
  • alright
    Re: Favorite up coming game.
    « Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 02:57:12 AM »
    Quake does look pretty sweet, never played it though :[

Might get it for lolz, cheers for the heads up  ;)
    yeee bwoii