Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor connected to lap top wont work properly  (Read 1864 times)

huckleberryd

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Monitor connected to lap top wont work properly
    « on: February 11, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »
    I am running windows XP on a latitude D620.  I bought a 22" monitor to use with it for easier reading.  I keep getting a message that there is no input, however when I shut down the laptop before it completely logs off the 22" monitor pops on long enough to say system is shutting down, and it comes up for a minute while the system is loading my desktop, but then goes back off and reverts to the laptop monitor.  I went to displays, follwed the trouble shooting, but still no change.  any advice?

Helper4789

Re: Monitor connected to lap top wont work properly
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
    Yes:

1. On your laptop, do you see the F1, F2, F3 etc keys?
    2. If so, then look for one that looks like a moiniter/Television on there, if there is one there, then simply hold down FN, and whilst holding down FN on your keyboard (Bottom left) then press the F(number) key on your keyboard at the top. This setting allows you to set the display visible on your laptop screen/Monitor screen/Laptop & monitor.

huckleberryd

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »
      Thank you so very much.  It is now working just fine.  Have a super day!    :D

Yes:

1. On your laptop, do you see the F1, F2, F3 etc keys?
      2. If so, then look for one that looks like a moiniter/Television on there, if there is one there, then simply hold down FN, and whilst holding down FN on your keyboard (Bottom left) then press the F(number) key on your keyboard at the top. This setting allows you to set the display visible on your laptop screen/Monitor screen/Laptop & monitor.

Helper4789

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »
      Thank you so very much.  It is now working just fine.  Have a super day!    :D

No problem mate. Anytime :)