Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Internet browsers / Re: new computer
« Last post by SuperDave on March 21, 2024, 11:48:52 AM »
Do you mean software or Operating system?
Internet browsers / new computer
« Last post by Nealf on March 21, 2024, 02:04:07 AM »
Just received a new computer from a neighbor.   It has no software installed at all.  What's best way to get it up and running?
Other / Re: Desktop icons in alphabetical order
« Last post by Allan on March 19, 2024, 01:42:30 PM »
You can use an app such as iconoid to save your desktop icon layout and restore it at every boot. It's an old app, but it works with all versions of Windows: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iconoid.html
Other / Desktop icons in alphabetical order
« Last post by Guzeppi on March 19, 2024, 12:54:10 PM »
How to stop my pc from messing up my desktop icons after I put them in alphabetical order?
Hardware / Printer Issue
« Last post by Tango92Golf on March 14, 2024, 06:32:56 PM »
I have a HP DEskjet 4251e, was able to print with no issues over a month ago now when I try an print something it fails an comes back that it cant print it.  I need this working again for my Duties an run off my Tax Forums
I can disable GameInput Host Services, but it takes me a long time to get rid of it, it keeps opening several times even after I've closed it.

Any way to stop it from respawning when I try to disable it in Task Manager?
Do

Control ALT Delete

or open task manager

Go to the services tab

Scroll down until you find GameInputSvc right click on the name and stop the service.
Exit out of Taskmanager 

Then that service will not run.
For those still interested in this thread, I think I have isolated and located the main issue causing this error message:

1. After extensive hardware and malware diagnostics this week with a computer professional, we have ruled out these things as issues, everything checks out fine.

2. I then ran into this thread on reddit which seemed very interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1aeau3s/explorerexe_application_error_popup/

So taking advice from that thread and after running many many different tests, I was able to fix this error consistently and only by disabling GAME INPUT HOST SERVICES from the taskbar menu

So it appears that the recent Windows update has conflicted with this Microsoft Gaming App and caused this error message, I am convinced that they need to fix this with their next Windows update. This latest update was even supposed to address similar issues but obviously failed.

Does anyone know how Game Input Host Services becomes active or installed in the first place?

I am pretty sure that Game Input Host Services is related to both the Xbox App and the Xbox Controllers, so I'm not sure if it was installed in one of those ways or it comes already with Windows 11.

In the meanwhile, I don't want to disable Game Input Host Services every time I shut down or restart, does anyone have any other interesting ideas for fixes based on what I've said here?
Windows 10 and 11 / Telegram for Desktop is less than perfect
« Last post by Sebastian42 on March 10, 2024, 04:31:29 AM »
Telegram for Desktop is a wonderful communication application that I would not swap for another; however there are two irritations which I would like to be removed. It involves disabling the tools for Attachments and for Emojs that are at the left and right ends of the text entry bar. The reason I want them disabled is not just because I personally have no use for them, but because I am constantly activating them inadvertently, when I edit out the mistakes I made in the first draft of my message, and then I have to close the unwanted opened windows. The publishers who update the app EXTREMELY frequently should be the ones to give me the advice I need, but their first response was based on a misunderstanding, and when I corrected that, they did not respond again. I have been told that the code is accessible and so one can make one's own version - with those two tools disabled or removed, IF ONE IS ABLE TO CODE - something that is way beyond me. Maybe someone in the forum is interested and capable ...
Hardware / Re: Mouse problem
« Last post by grounded on March 07, 2024, 05:07:25 PM »
 I googled my problem and found the fault lies in a recent upgrade and to fix the problem delete the upgrade,  I am not sure if this will work but is worth a try.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10