Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No video signal after a small fall from couch  (Read 2634 times)

Rec-builder

No video signal after a small fall from couch
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »
Hey i have a custom built computer, It is an amd 3.2 dual core, socket am2. with on board video. i also have a video card that is my primary.

I was moving and one of my dogs hopped up on the couch and knocked my tower to the floor. The PC turns on but has no video signal. I tried flashing my CPU, memory, and cmos. I tried using the on board with my added card removed and i tried again with the card.

I replaced my psu, and i replaced my mobo. still having the same problem. my monitor works on other PCs. so i am ruling that out. today i replaced my CPU on the new mobo with the new psu. and still no video on the card or on the integrated.....

do you maybe have any suggestions on what i need to do?   ??? ??? ???

EEVIAC

Re: No video signal after a small fall from couch
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:33 AM »
boy, you've got quite a mess on your hands here  :P

I tried flashing my CPU, memory, and cmos.

What exactly do you mean by this?

I replaced my psu, and i replaced my mobo. still having the same problem. my monitor works on other PCs. so i am ruling that out. today i replaced my CPU on the new mobo with the new psu. and still no video on the card or on the integrated.....

So you've got a new motherboard, new PSU, and new CPU... basically you've bot a brand new computer and it's giving you the same problom?

Out of the things you've already tried, the only things left to try that I can think of are:

Have you tried a different cable for the monitor? 

Are you sure the PSU has sufficient power (what the make/model of it?)? 

How many ram modules do you have installed (have you tried removing one of the ram modules, you might have a bad ram module) Try starting the computer with only one ram module at a time.

EEVIAC

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:54:19 AM »
The PC turns on but has no video signal

This is actually kind of vague, so, your problem could also be related to a bad windows installion, for all I know at this point.

Also:

You'll have to reinstall Windows if you replaced the motherboard. Absolutely necessary, if you want windows to boot.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 08:39:13 AM »
You'll have to reinstall Windows if you replaced the motherboard.

Sometimes a repair install can do the trick too.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Veltas

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 04:10:05 AM »
I dropped my computer and now there is no video.

No video?  Is your monitor turned on?  Are you sure the PC is turning on?  Can you give some details about what 'no video' means?

Also, I think the dog knocking the computer off the couch is a sign, and has two morals:
1. Your dog doesn't think you are using the PC a healthy amount.
2. Why did you leave it on the couch?