Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Boot Error  (Read 3432 times)

Built2Last

Topic Starter

Boot Error
    « on: March 10, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »

I've "frankensteined" a good-as-new computer yesterday with my dad. It was all updated from windows, and all drivers were installed. It would've been the second best gaming computer, provided it would work today.

It was working just fine yesterday. This morning I go to boot it, so we could have our phone on(stupid magic jack...) and it started normally, but I didn't hear the usual beep, confirming its boot. Next thing I hear is the motherboard's little speaker going off, saying something may have a problem. I can't understand what it is saying exactly. I've spent my day messing with my computers, swapping parts, power supplies, even tried resetting the jumpers, AND even tried swapping harddrives, etc. Found an old motherboard and tried it. The computer started to boot, but the screen would remain blank, and no error messages were sounded. I think that mother board was bad. So I put the other one back.

Why am I getting this error? Is it because I don't have a floppy drive in the computer, or could it be an error with the memory i have in it? Heh, the computer was running fast last night thanks to that memory...

The current motherboard in use is an AOpen AX4R Plus.  It looks like it's missing a second bios, but i've found that only one was needed to run correctly.

Any help soon would be greatly appreciated.

rooskie94

Rookie
      • my club
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Boot Error
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:16:01 PM »
    is the monitor connected to the video card??? and did it make any beeps noises??
    `don't play with fire`

Accessless

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 03:09:17 PM »
    is the monitor connected to the video card??? and did it make any beeps noises??

No he/she has already stated that the motherboard company forgot why Bleep codes were invented (to clearly state errors). The motherboard stated an error but could not be understood. This may sound stupid but have you plugged the monitor into the correct port? I.e. not into the on-board graphics port. Or not configured the motherboard to check the right port for the graphics card?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 03:29:28 PM »
    It looks like it's missing a second bios, but i've found that only one was needed to run correctly.

Does this mean you have flashed this MBoard with a new BIOS update ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Accessless

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:52:19 PM »
    Does this mean you have flashed this MBoard with a new BIOS update ? ?

I think that he's just talking about this 'Die-Hard' BIOS: http://www.sharkyextreme.com/img/2003/04/aopen_ax4r/mb_diagram.jpg

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 06:09:33 AM »
    We'll wait and see...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Built2Last

Topic Starter

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
      No he/she has already stated that the motherboard company forgot why Bleep codes were invented (to clearly state errors). The motherboard stated an error but could not be understood. This may sound stupid but have you plugged the monitor into the correct port? I.e. not into the on-board graphics port. Or not configured the motherboard to check the right port for the graphics card?

There is no port for the moniter on the mobo. A video card is required. And yes, I have installed the drivers for the video card.