Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet explorer freezing  (Read 3075 times)

distinqt

internet explorer freezing
« on: March 09, 2010, 09:55:32 PM »
My internet explorer is always freezing on me, mostly when i go to exit off of it. I will exit and it just sits there and does not exit and at that point i cant even move the mouse i have to shut the computer down and turn it back on to do anything. then when it comes back on it says that the computer was not shut down properly and i lost some info even though i did shut it down right. It tells me to enter F1 to go to windows and F2 to fix the problem . I have no idea what to do when i hit f2 it just gives me all this computer talk that i dont understand. I have tried to defrag and cleanup the c drive but that doesent do anything. i also went and bought this expencive viris disk calledkaspersky internet security 2010 that best buy told me to get and it did nothing. i dont know what else to do. im not that great with computer the most i can do is defrage from there im lost, can someone please save me from my computer.

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: internet explorer freezing
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:30:34 PM »
How about other web browsers like Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc, have you tried it?

talldude123

Rookie

• I enjoy computers as well as public transit.
    « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »
    Have you updated your computer through Windows Update?

I find personally with Windows XP, Internet Explorer 7 works better than 8. Try to give 8 an uninstall and see what happens.
    Woman - "Slow down, foreplay is an art"
    Man - "Well, if you don't get your canvas arranged soon, I'm gonna spill my paint!"

routik

Rookie

• Powerful learning is a mindset.
      « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 05:05:17 AM »
      use to tuneup utilities to check your system and fix some errors and other bugs freezing your system.
      If you don't take hold of your destiny other people will run your life

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 07:31:20 AM »
      Ignore the above posts.

You said you just installed Kaspersky Anti Virus. Did you have an anti virus utility installed before that? Please tell us what led up to the problem (what happened before this problem appeared). Give us as many details as possible.