Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Dell 2nd hard drive module  (Read 2517 times)

drewsmistake

My Dell 2nd hard drive module
« on: July 06, 2005, 04:40:06 PM »
I replaced my 12 gig drive with a 20 gig drive in my 2nd hard drive module that fits into my dell laptop bay. You have to know Dells to know what I'm talking about. Anyway, the laptop won't recognize the 20 gig. Is there some way of getting it to do so. I have a Latitude 610 with xp and my bios is A16. My other Latitude is a CPi D300xt with Win2K and that bios I think is A12. Anyway, previously I had no problem on either laptop recognizing the 12 gig. Maybe 12 gig is the only drive it can handle I don't know. Anyone out there have any idea how to get round this? I'd appreciate your help. I am not a techy, but know the simple stuff lol. :)

Gizmo73

Intermediate

• We do only what we are meant to do
    Re: My Dell 2nd hard drive module
    « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 10:50:59 AM »
    Have you checked the HCL to see if your hard drive works with your laptop?

[glb]Gizmo73[/glb]

drewsmistake

Re: My Dell 2nd hard drive module
    « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 08:55:49 PM »
    Well I solved the problem! I just reseated the 20gb hard drive in the module and it worked. Yeah it worked on both Latitudes; my c610 and my cpi. I emailed dell tech support and they said I couldn't do anything... that it could only take 12 gb. Well there you go... never listen to the expurts, cos they were as useless as a chocolate teacup. Well if anything has the same problem, I hope this helps. Pass it on.