Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Xp Won't Boot.  (Read 2065 times)

Avery

Topic Starter

Windows Xp Won't Boot.
    « on: March 22, 2010, 12:24:58 PM »
    I have windows xp sp2. Last night I tried to close a process that wasn't responding and accidently pressed the explorer process underneath it, I have done this before and the computer always restarts just fine. Now however, when I try to restart the computer I can not boot normally, I am in safe mode with networking right now. When i say I can not boot normally I mean that it shows me the windows xp is loading, then it does the little loading bar, right now that bar gets to the end and then freezes, and the computer restarts. It does that over and over again. It used to not even load that far, but I have done a system restore back to march 1st and have gone to the recovery console and typed "fixboot". I use malware bytes anti malware and it is saying my computer is clean. Also I have ran the checkdisk and it says the hard drive is fine.

Avery

Topic Starter

Re: Windows Xp Won't Boot.
      « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »
      Well nevermind, I'm getting a copy of windows from a friend and am going to repair it.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »
      Repair Install of XP....

I suggest reading thru it and printing a copy for reference BEFORE starting...

Remember you will have to do your Windows Updates when it's finished.
      Best of Luck.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

neelchauhan

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 03:08:22 PM »
      Uninstall all the programs you don't need, spyware, viruses, and other bad stuff and see if it works.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 03:14:31 PM »
      Uninstall all the programs you don't need, spyware, viruses, and other bad stuff and see if it works.
      ???