Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 0x000000c2  (Read 3320 times)

emilyelysian

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• I have no personalized text. Oh, wait...
    0x000000c2
    « on: March 29, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »
    Hi, I recently was checking my computer's reliability monitor and I noticed there was one windows failure listed... this was listed under 'Failure Detail' : 0x00000c2 (0x000000b, 0x873b4800,0x00020004, 0x873b4818)  I don't know what this means, and as I wasn't around at the time I don't know if I got a Blue Screen Of Death or not. It also says the OS stopped working. Three times that day the computer did not shut down properly... This was on the 19th, by the way.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium,32 bit,  service pack 1, 1917MB Ram, Intel Premium dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

I've attached a JPG to show you the screen I am describing.. (don't worry about the application failures- all the same program, recently removed..., and the install failures are all one particular  windows update)  So, I was wondering what this was. It isn't a problem at the moment, but I just need to put my mind at ease in case it was something serious.

Thanks in advance.  :)

emilyelysian

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
    • Krakσw my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: 0x000000c2
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:21:16 PM »
    If it was one incident, move on...

S1L3NTSN1P3R

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 11:08:04 AM »
      Here is a little snippet I found on the Interwebz... (sorry for the length)

Stop 0xC2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER 
      The Stop 0xC2 message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations in the following ways: 
      • By allocating a memory pool size of zero bytes. 
      • By allocating a memory pool that does not exist. 
      • By attempting to free a memory pool that is already free. 
      • By allocating or freeing a memory pool at an IRQL that was too high.  This Stop message is typically due to a faulty driver or software. 
      Possible Resolutions: 
      • A Stop 0xC2 messages might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.   
      • A Stop 0xC2 messages might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.   
      • If you encounter a Stop 0xC2 message while upgrading to Windows XP, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates. 

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 05:53:10 AM »
      She hasn't returned and the Topic is over a month old...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "