Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon IP4200 Print head jam  (Read 3105 times)

Pirate1207

Topic Starter

Rookie

Canon IP4200 Print head jam
    « on: April 28, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
    hi guru, i would like to ask what would i do with my canon ip4200. When i turn it on the led light (green and orangle) blink alternately. It display error number 6500. I notice also that when i turn it on the printer head didn't move form right to left since that will happen when you turn on the printer. I thin that is called initialization. Pleas help me, i tried to move the printer head by hand but it is jam. i can not move it and if i forced it, i'm afraid it could damage other parts inside.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Canon IP4200 Print head jam
      « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:28:47 AM »
      Not having had experience with this particular model i shall suggest from a generic standpoint. If you have a "LED" window on the computer look at the display and determine the error message number. Then using your manual ascertain what that message relates to.It then should indicate the action necessary to resolve the issue. Under no circumstances should you attempt to force the carriage to move.goodluck,truenorth