Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get past welcome screen  (Read 3650 times)

tsritt

Topic Starter

Can't get past welcome screen
    « on: May 03, 2010, 12:43:25 PM »
    Had a virus on my netbook.  Use XP.  Some kind of 'security essential 2010...buy my software or else'.  Downloaded spybot and ran it.  Might have worked...don't know.  Can't get by the welcome screen.  When you get to the welcome screen, it has USER there...not what I had set it up for.  When I press USER, it looks like it is going to start but then closes down on itself.  It doesn't turn off the computer, it just stays at the welcome screen with USER still there.  You can't go any farther.

I tries safe mode and the ADMINISTRATOR box comes up in the welcome screen with the USER box.  When I press the administrator box, it does the exact same thing.  It goes nowhere. I am kinda stuck. I don't have a dvd drive on this netbook.  Any ideas?

removed
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:35:56 PM by SuperDave »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Can't get past welcome screen
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:07 PM »
    spybot is useless. And unless you want to be inundated with spam, NEVER post your email address on a forum.

I'd suggest you download and run a boot time anti virus utility.

tsritt

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:31 PM »
      Thanks allan, i will try that

sunboysunday

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 03:05:07 PM »
        I have almost same thing but it is full page lite blue, scans and says 47 problems. they seem to have complete control of my computer. say eplorer.exe, tastmater.exe and quite a few more even my enternet will not work to buy. I have a paid avg and the virus says it is encluded and will not go on line.Name seems to be ... Security even has 2 short cuts on my desk top, which will not do anything. help please if possible. I am on my other computer with win7. Alson on my xp os has a Trustee Rap----something that was supused to watch all this. says trojans, and keggloggers tring to get into my bank.

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »
        sunboysunday - please start your own thread.

sunboysunday

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
          there is nothing that can be added to this computer. Cannot get to control panel,internet or any files. I have the hijackthis on a flash drive. Will not install. no files will open. When i try to activate the product .......... Security it can not get online just keeps on rolling. Surly somewhere this has happen to someone else so there is a way around it
          Thanks so much for your help evilfantasy. any other ideas?

Allan

• Mastermind
          « Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 07:53:47 AM »
          sunboysunday - please start your own thread.

sunboysunday

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 08:08:40 AM »
            i did.
             thank you.