Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox History- Help!  (Read 11145 times)

Compguy123

Topic Starter

Rookie

Firefox History- Help!
    « on: August 23, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »
    Hey guys, I am going to create a new file on my computer, but is there ANY way I can somehow copy the history on my Firefox browser onto another file?  Like when you go to View- History, you can view pages you have visited in the past.

Is there a folder all of this is so I can copy/paste it on another file for the computer?

There are also programs you can download that will save a History File for you, such as "Internet Explorer History Viewer" and stuff like that.  Is there any program like that for Mozilla that lets you view history?

Basically I need to view the history on my Firefox from another user account because I am deleting the current one, I want to see if there is any way to do this!

Thanks!

mcxeb52!

Re: Firefox History- Help!
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 04:26:49 PM »
    http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Mozbackup should do the trick for you. I have not needed to use this program, but I assume that you can backup to any specific folder/directory that you specify.

ChrisXPPro

Adviser

• Forever Learning
      • ACB Systems
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 06:05:58 PM »
    I was trying to remember that, tho - I used a version for Thunderbird when moving to a new machine ...... had to pay a small amount to be able to expand the saved data but it worked well.

I see this is freeware - even better! :)
    Ain't technology great - until it goes wrong!

Compguy123

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »
      Hmm I don't understand that program, it says the file type isn't valid with a Win32 application. 

Can we copy the profile folder onto another user account on the computer and will it work then?  And keep the posts coming please, any other programs and stuff, or methods.

Thanks!

mcxeb52!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
      Yes, you can do that. Just copy the files into the right directory and if it says to overwrite because of same file name, do that and you're all set.

I have done that when reinstalling firefox before. Hope it works for you.

Compguy123

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »
        Alright thanks a lot it worked, but there is any way to do this with Inernet Explorer?

The same thing we did for Mozilla, but for Internet Explorer?

ChrisXPPro

Adviser

• Forever Learning
          • ACB Systems
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 05:38:49 PM »
        Most IE stuff should be in findable folders on C:\.  Either in admin folder and/or a named user folder... copy these and export by whatever means available.

--> Documents and settings/favorites

--> Documents and settings/local settings/history

This assumes some history is there and not wiped. 

Someone else tho can remind me which and where is the .dat file that IIRC contains all history.
        Ain't technology great - until it goes wrong!

versanick

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »
        I have the same problem, here, as the Original Poster, but have a different problem.

The user that I'm trying to get the files from was corrupted by Windows! Most/All of the files in the User folder seem to be fine, but I am unable to locate where the folder with History might be.

Is there a specific place where FireFox stores its history?

I'm looking to recover the history/bookmarks (history would be most useful, as I usually type things in the address bar anyway, and it'll auto-complete the sites that I type in) from a User that I can NO LONGER log in as!

Any help is appreciated, thank you!