Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop - how do I....?  (Read 3213 times)

tildawhisker

Adobe Photoshop - how do I....?
« on: July 18, 2005, 12:20:20 PM »
 :) Hi! This is a vain attempt at getting an answer to something i really want to know but have no idea where to look to get an answer to it......

With photoshop, or illustrator, can you scan in a pen ink drawing, then make the white of the paper disappear/ go transparent, so you can then layer your drawing over the top of other things.? Is it possible? Problem is i know when you scan something in Photoshop recognises it as one thing, but i want to separate a black pen line from the paper it was drawn on. Can i do this without having to laboriously cut around my drawing, producing crappy results?

HELP!  ???  ;D

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Adobe Photoshop - how do I....?
    « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 12:45:24 PM »
    tildawhisker.......... Have you tried using the "magic wand " tool .......... it works slicker than the hair on a silkworms chest

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 05:19:01 PM »
    Read the readme file>.......or find the help page how to?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 05:24:46 PM »
    Is it possible?

Yes, this is possible. I do not have Photoshop at my possession this moment, but I shall reinstall it soon and see how it was done.

Read the readme file>.......or find the help page how to?

It takes less time to try out every function available in the program than it takes to actually read all the documentation.  :D
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 05:38:12 PM by Raptor »