Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need upgrading my pc  (Read 1807 times)

JOEVSYOU

Topic Starter

Rookie

need upgrading my pc
    « on: July 06, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
    ok. i would like to upgrade my computer. it runs slow, i like to play online games and it's getting harder to play them. Not talking about high end games more like MMO's and that online.

just want a decent computer to do what i want it to do.

(please don't tell me to clean up my computer. i already know how do all that and been doing for years.)

i have had this computer like in 2001 or something like that only thing i have ever upgraded was power supply because it blow out was at 200w now 300w

i put my dxdiag information in the attachment  since it's a a lot of information

if you need any other information just let me know and where to get it

I'm no computer expert. but not a idiot with them.

i need know what i should purchase and what will work with my system

thanks for your help...

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]

JOEVSYOU

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: need upgrading my pc
      « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »
      other question. since my computer is older then most computers. would it just be cheaper just go ahead and buy a tower?

thelaymanscomputer

Rookie

Re: need upgrading my pc
        « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:50:52 PM »
        I was going to suggest buying a cheap video card to upgrade the integrated graphics (which would probably be enough to keep you going for a while) however it appears your motherboard does not have an AGP slot, and certainly doesn't have the newer PCIe slot. Upgrading RAM may be an option, but the beyond the 512mb already installed, the integrated graphics will still severely limit the performance.

Because of this I can only suggest buying a new(er) tower.

Good Luck
        "...I was only trying to help!!..."

http://www.thelaymanscomputer.com