Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My card reader won't open on my computer........  (Read 1880 times)

mark227

Topic Starter

Beginner

My card reader won't open on my computer........
    « on: July 17, 2010, 08:31:09 AM »
    Had problems with my computer, brought it into the shop to be repaired, works great now but my card reader won't work. Before I brought it into the shop when I plugged my card reader in a "windows atuo play" box would open giving me options on how to open my pictures, now when I plug it in, nothing happens. Could my auto play have gotten disabled somehow, if so, do I need to download a new auto play, or is it still on my computer and I just have to enable it again. Not sure what to do, can someone help.........

mark227

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: My card reader won't open on my computer........
      « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »
      If i plug my card reader into my sons computer the auto box opens and i can veiw all my pictures.

truenorth

Guru

Re: My card reader won't open on my computer........
        « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 05:00:14 PM »
        Can you still access the content of the card reader when it is plugged in via the icon for it in my computer. If yes then with the device plugged in with content on it -go to my computer right click on the icon for the card reader--select properties--select "auto play--then make your selections as appropriate from the list. You can use the prompt option so you will be prompted each time to play or you can deselect it and it should play each time it is inserted with content. Hope this solves your problem,truenorth