Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Restarting While Playing Game...  (Read 3726 times)

spliterz

Topic Starter

PC Restarting While Playing Game...
    « on: August 15, 2010, 02:03:43 AM »
    As per title says, my pc is being restarted when i am playing Sniper Ghost Warrior, I am playing that game since last 2 weeks but didn't get any problem but since 2 days back all of sudden it start being restarted as soon as I start the game,

I have tried to play BattleField 2 as well but same thing happening with this game as well, (i am playing BF2 since last 2 months or so but never got that problem)

My system is Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz
    MotherBoard is Asus P5K-V
    Memory is 2 GB
    Graphic Card is GeForce GTS 250 1GB
    PSU is ATek 600
    Cooler is Silent Knight
    Casing is Normal/Unknown

I also want to mention that PC doesn't get restart when its in idling position or surfing internet, I will be very thankful if you guys could help me to sort out the problem,  

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PC Restarting While Playing Game...
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 12:10:24 PM »
    I would run memtest86 on your system to make sure you dont have a ram stick that acts up under load. If memtest86 passes, try swapping power supply if you have a spare as for games draw lots of electricity to run all hardware resources and you could dip your voltage below the dropout (reset) voltage of your system. If the games reset the system immediately its more likely a Ram or Power Supply issue, but if it restarts after running for a short period of time it could be thermal shutdown reset. The dust on everything in the pictures isnt that bad, but its best to have a clean system free of dust. I would also suggest checking the thermal paste on your CPU between the heatsink and CPU, but your CPU has thermal throttling, and the worst that would happen if there was inadequate thermal compound would be that the CPU would slow down to cool down, which would usually cause lag, slow response etc. Older CPUs that didnt have thermal throttling would cause reboots, crashes, and smoke shows.

http://www.memtest86.com/