Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random Shut down/Windows 7 help  (Read 2429 times)

ChelseyP

Random Shut down/Windows 7 help
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »
I've had my computer for almost two years. Just a few days ago my brother said he had windows 7 and he would clean out my computer and update it with Windows 7. But after the reboot and changing it I found out that the Windows 7 he had was a fake/ not genuine. So now my whole computer is messed up. My computer does Random shut downs now and it's not even hot for it to do a shut down. But when it shuts down the blue error screen pops up and disappears really quick and restarts itself. It usually does it every hour and a half. Can anyone help me how to fix it from not doing that? Also I need some help on the things I need to download to help my computer stay alive for awhile before I go and get it fixed with another windows something since my brother destroyed it Q.Q

It's a Hp Pavilion desktop
Use to have Windows Vista Home Premium but now it's a fake Windows 7
250 GB hard drive
any other info just ask please. All the help is appreciated.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Random Shut down/Windows 7 help
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:41:24 PM »
You will need a Windows CD to proceed...who knows what he's done to this point...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Random Shut down/Windows 7 help
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:43 PM »
You will need a Windows CD to proceed...who knows what he's done to this point...

Does the HP have recovery CDs that came with it?

Otherwise does the machine have a recovery partition still existent on the hard drive?
You may be able to restore it directly to how it was when you first purchased the machine.

When the machine starts up, look for a message that says press (something) to access recovery.
It may or may not be present.
If you can't find it please post back with the model number and one of us can try help you further.