Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Visioneer Scanner Driver  (Read 3988 times)

Barefoot_Tom

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Visioneer Scanner Driver
    « on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »
    I have an old scanner that I need a driver for, and can't locate one.

The scanner is a Visioneer PaperPort One Touch model  Compact FB. The software I have for it does not include a driver that will run with anything newer than WIN98SE. I've Googled for a driver that will work with WIN2000, but with no success. An additional problem is that the computer I want to install the scanner on does not have internet connection. I would have to download any driver I found to a flash drive, and install it on the WIN2K computer using that drive.

The scanner works fine; I have the installation disk, but none of that helps until I find the right driver. Any suggestions?

truenorth

Guru

Re: Visioneer Scanner Driver
      « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:32:43 PM »
      You are trying to find a driver that is for a scanner probably designed to work with a win 98 O/S that will enable you to use it with Win 2000. As undoubtedly you know both the O/S and the scanner are probably NOT supported any longer by their manufacturers. This by itself doesn't automatically mean that no such drivers exist. After all your quest is for an operating system compatibility that is not too far removed from it's original compatibility
        My suggestion would be to contact "Visioneer" and on bended knee ask for their assistance. They should have an archive of the drivers you need (if the windows 2000 compatibility ever existed) they might provide it to you.
       [email protected]
      I actually had a driver sent to me once by a hardware manufacturer as an e-mail attachment that existed but was too outdated to be on their web tech support page. good luck,truenorth

Barefoot_Tom

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        Re: Visioneer Scanner Driver
        « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
        Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it, and see what happens