Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Another Problem / Error Message Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed  (Read 4095 times)

Evenflow

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    My computer won't let me add or delete programs. Some won't let me access them. Like Sonic RecordNow. When I try to it gives me an error message reading..........Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed...... What's causing this? I installed a new DVD Burner and now I'm getting all these little quarks on my computer. I Have AVG 2011 free version installed on my PC. Windows XP SP2. I also tried to download SP3 and it won't let me do that. HELP !

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Let's rule out malware as a possible cause. Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Sonic is the worst authored CD/DVD software ever written...followed closelely by Roxio and other bloatware out there...
    There are some good Freeware choices out there...mine would be CDBurnerXPro.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Evenflow

Topic Starter

Rookie

It was working fine for me for years until this stuff starting happening.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      Oh well...it's up to you to decide.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Evenflow

Topic Starter

Rookie

I believe I aquired a virus from downloading AVG 2011 from filehippo.com. I had the 9.0 version on my computer and it worked fine. When I When When I upgraded to the 2011 version, my computer crashed. I had to reload everything back on from scratch.