Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at  (Read 10266 times)

Bunbotman

Topic Starter

Rookie

I'm unable to connect to a website called www.bakabt.com.

I've test out the website on my ipod touch using wifi and on other computers and the website is up. I've also turned my computer back onto safe mode with networking and the website comes up fine. I've also ran Malware Bytes and anti-virus software. I've also turned off all my firewalls for the duration of the test and the website does not come up.

When I load my windows normally, on any of the web browsers, I'm unable to connect to the website.

This is very frustrating and I want to get to the bottom of why exactly this is happening.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
    « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:57:31 AM »
    I moved your post out of the malware forum.

Bunbotman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:28:21 PM »
      all right this is awkward as I have two identical posts on the same forums but my problem still remains unsolved and I've tried everything. The website just wont work on my normal loaded computer rather than safe mode networking computer that allows me to view those websites.

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]
      « Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:28:17 PM by Bunbotman »

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »
      Most likely, your Eset, MBAM, or PCTools firewalls is blocking the site, for whatever reason.
      See, if you can access the site using this address: http://95.211.6.148

Bunbotman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 04:37:49 AM »
        no i am still unable to access that ip address.

I used EnumProcess to check all my firewalls.
        I disabled all my firewalls before and tried accessing that website but I still could not.
        People suggested to me that it had to be some malware as i am able to access it in safe mode.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »
        Go Start>Run (Start Search in Vista), type in:
        msconfig
        Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).

Click on Startup tab.
        Click Disable all
        IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.

Click Services tab.
        Put checkmark in Hide all Microsoft services
        Click Disable all.

Click OK.
        Restart computer in Normal Mode.

NOTE. If you use different firewall, than Windows firewall, turn Windows firewall on, just for this test, since your regular firewall won't be running.
        If you use Windows firewall, you're fine.

Same problem?

Bunbotman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 01:20:03 PM »
          Yes I am now able to visit that website again. So in conclusion it's one of the start up programs that is blocking my connection to that website right?

Also to make things more convenient should I keep sorting out what start up programs that don't interfere with that website to allow them to be enabled again?

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 04:44:19 PM »
          So in conclusion it's one of the start up programs that is blocking my connection to that website right?
          Exactly.
          Now, you'll have to investigate, because you can't run your computer in this state. That's for testing purposes only.

Go back to "msconfig" and re-enable all items, except for any items from Eset, MBAM, or PCTools firewall.
          Restart computer.
          If you still can connect to the site in question, re-enable Eset.
          Restart computer.
          Connecting OK?
          Re-enable MBAM.
          Restart.
          Still OK.
          Re-enable PC Tool.

See, how it goes.

delica1110

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 12:57:46 AM »
          Your  issue was definitely with your antivirus / malware program.. So you need to stop the protection to avoid this issue.. thats all!