Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird Trick for any windows computer O.o  (Read 2468 times)

shanked

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Familiar
    Weird Trick for any windows computer O.o
    « on: November 24, 2010, 09:51:53 PM »
    I know this isn't help or support but i just thought to share something i have found out a while ago. Try to make a folder name 'CON'
    A pop-up forces you to change the name by saying "the specified device name is invalid."

Also, open up Microsoft Office Word (any version) and type this in: =rand (200, 99) and press Enter.
    It makes a 392 page list of copied and pasted paragraphs :o

(Please Move this if in the wrong section)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Weird Trick for any windows computer O.o
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 10:10:43 PM »
    I know this isn't help or support but i just thought to share something i have found out a while ago. Try to make a folder name 'CON'
    A pop-up forces you to change the name by saying "the specified device name is invalid."

CON, AUX, COM1, COM2, COM3,COM4, PRN, LPT1,LPT2... etc. Any special DOS device name is a reserved name even today. (for compatibility with older batch files as well as the fact that they have become part of every respectable windows admin's toolkit)

Also, open up Microsoft Office Word (any version) and type this in: =rand (200, 99) and press Enter.
    It makes a 392 page list of copied and pasted paragraphs :o

feature:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q180685/

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.