Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I get rid of attachments?  (Read 3179 times)

Bobh

How do I get rid of attachments?
« on: November 23, 2010, 07:50:17 PM »
Hi -
I am using Vista Home Basic  32 bit, Internet Explorer 8, and Yahoo mail.
When I click on "mail" I get a panel which has a list of titles to click on, such as "Inbox".  Below this list is "My pictures" and "My attachments"  In these are attachments and pictures that have been sent to me by e-mail.  I do not know how they got there.  I no longer want them but I do not know how to delete them.  Have I made it clear what my problem is and can you tell me how to delete them?    Thanks    Bob   

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: How do I get rid of attachments?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:27:45 PM »
Do you mean attachments(with messages) that are sent to you on your inbox that you want to delete?

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
What does the panel look like where there is the My pictures" and "My attachments" are? Maybe post a screenshot of where the problem lies.

I am using the yahoo mail also (the free version, not their paid version) and am not seeing that anywhere.

As far as I know, my inbox does not automatically save attachments and photos sent to me.

Bobh

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 05:09:30 AM »
Hi -
Thanks to those who replied.
My problem is hard to describe since I don't know much about computers.  When somebody sends me an e-mail that has an attachment with it it seems to end up in either the "My pictures" or "My Attachments".  I think these two are files.  I can't send a screenshot because I tried that and found out I don't know how.  I don't know what I do to transfer the attachments to one of these files but I just want to get rid of them.  I also use Yahoo mail free version.  Does this help any?   Thanks    Bob

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 05:32:08 AM »
To post a screenshot here --> http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=61232.0
*Read steps on how to post a screenshot or images
After following/saving the image upload it here --> http://www.imageshack.us/
Don't worry, Take your time  :)

Bobh

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 09:30:21 AM »
jason2074 -
I opened Internet Explorer and pressed PrtScm button and NOTHING happened.  Like I said I really don't know what I'm doing.  Let us just drop this topic.  It is not important and I can use my computer for what I want without deleting the attachments.  The real problem is that the attachments will someday fill up the computer and I will not be able to do anything.    Thanks for your time.       Bob

Bobh

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 12:32:46 PM »
Hi -
I don't know what I did but the "My Pictures" and "My Attachments" are empty.  There was a "save to computer" space which I clicked on.  I have no idea where it went to my computer but it ended in my "Trash" so I deleted it and it went away.  I am posting this in hopes somebody will give me an explanation of what happened.   Thanks   Bob

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 03:15:18 PM »
sorry, I have checked my own yahoo email inbox and I don't see any of those my attachments or my pictures thing you talked about.

Unless I missed something ... but hopefully someone can get you on your way.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »
I think this is what Bobh is talking about...

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5250/ymail.jpg

Its a previous version of Yahoo mail which I happen to still use up to today. Of course having 2 YM accounts.
There was a "save to computer" space which I clicked on.  I have no idea where it went to my computer but it ended in my "Trash" so I deleted it and it went away.  I am posting this in hopes somebody will give me an explanation of what happened
The "save to computer" option is on both Attachments and My Pictures. However if you want to completely delete those pictures,attachments on your YM account, go to your inbox and put a check on the sent message(s) with attachment(s) or picture(s) and click on the corresponding files you want to delete. Go to your Trash box and click on empty. To make sure you have not saved it on your Hard drive, Do a search(using windows explorer) on any jpeg files to verify that they are not accidentally transferred by the save to computer option under Yahoo mail.

Bobh

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 03:35:35 AM »
jason2074 -
Thank you.  That was exactly what I needed.  You have been a great help.    Bob