Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless home network between Windows 7 and Windows XP  (Read 2305 times)

wmtrecartin

Topic Starter

Starter

Wireless home network between Windows 7 and Windows XP
    « on: December 08, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
    :-\ :-\ ** PLEASE   HELP   PLEASE   HELP   PLEASE   HELP   PLEASE   HELP   PLEASE   HELP   PLEASE   HELP ** :-\ :-\

I have a Windows 7 desktop that is connected to a Charter cable modem and a Linksys WRT110 wireless router (internet works great), I am trying to get a Windows XP laptop (which has WAN) to connect to the internet through the Home Network. The XP laptop shows that it's connected to the network but when I try to get online Internet Explorer comes up saying that it cannot connect to the internet.

I have a Toshiba laptop that has Windows 7 and this one connects to the network/internet with no trouble.
    I have been going nuts trying to connect the Windows XP laptop but to no avail, can someone help me out?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wireless home network between Windows 7 and Windows XP
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:27:23 AM »
    Windows XP Networking is so easy.
    Just ask Microsoft.
    Nothing to it!

Now let's be real. In XP you have to try and try again to get the wireless network going right. You have to start over again with the Wireless Wizard. You may have to install the wireless software  that came with the machine. Again.
    And always reset the system every time you change anything.
    Make sure you have the right settings for Internet Explorer.
    tools > internect options  > connections