Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help! my PC crashed and won't turn on  (Read 3264 times)

mbrad905

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    help! my PC crashed and won't turn on
    « on: March 14, 2014, 12:57:01 PM »
    Please help! I built this computer and everything has been running perfectly fine and all of a sudden I was playing ESO Beta and it rebooted. And failed to load up again, so it rebooted again, and I thought it was strange that it did that, so I turned it off (by holding the power button) and now its not turning on, the power light on the front won't turn on but the other light does. The motherboard clearly has power because there's is a power button on the motherboard that is lit up..but no fans turn on.. Not even case or video card fans. These are the components that I have the packaging for:

MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660
    Intel core i5 processor (i5-4670)
    Ripjaws 8gb ram
    Corsair CX600M
    The normal 1tb HDD
    All fits well inside my case and ofcourse and I have the disc reader and that..

Idk what happened.. All purchased and assembled Feb 25th everything has been running beyond my expectations and idk ivspent ALOT of money on this if anybody has some input I really need some help.. There is 2 lights on. 1 is the power button on the motherboard and 1 on the video card. When I try to turn the computer on none of the LEDs come on (which I think is inside the motherboard, but im not sure). The light under the power light turns on and stays on (usually blinks). The disc drive opens and closes fine. But fans don't turn on. None... Which isn't right..  Here's some pictures and please don't mind the cords I wasn't aiming to show it off.. It was the first time ive built a PC.
    http://tinypic.com/r/2q1f2oj/8

Please help, thanks I will be checking this a lot

Netcruzn

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: help! my PC crashed and won't turn on
      « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »
      This may be dumb but have you checked the power supply. If you unplug from the board and all components does the fan turn? If the power supply fan turns at that point I would start plugging things backup 1 at a time till you find a fault.

Netcruzn

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »
        I will add I have also had a hard drive cause a similar issue, It some how would short the system out and when you unplugged the hdd the system would power on.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:04:33 PM »
        Remove all power. Unplug the cord from the mains.
        Sometimes a power supply will 'lock up' when there has been a severe short circuit.
        Also, disconnect everything but the motherboard from the power supply. And remove the graphics card. And the RAM sticks. You need to find what device  or part did the short circuit.
        Yes, it may be  the PUS itself. But before you buy anew one, eliminate other possibilities.
        Here is a search in the CH data base about apparent power failures.
        http://www.computerhope.com/search2.htm?cx=partner-pub-3999293766533555%3Aelr5q296e0z&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=power%20supply%20failoure