Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No sound.  (Read 2593 times)

smashthestate

No sound.
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »
I've recently completly wiped my Hard Drive due to some Malware problems. After reinstalling windows and whatnot I start installing my drivers. So far, everything is fine. There is only one problem: I have absolutely no sound.

Usually what I would do after formatting/wiping HD is go on the website of the company that maneufactured my computer, a small company called "Seanix", and all I had to do was enter my computer's serial number and they'd give me the driver or whatever that would allow me to have sound. Seanix has just recently gone bankrupt and their website is now offline, so I cannot do so anymore (http://seanix.com/).

I've installed many driver programs and according to them all of my drivers are up to date, but I have absolutely no sound. If it can help, I remember there being a sound manager called "realtek" or something in the lower right permanently. I tried installing the codecs that are on the Realtek website and still no results.

I've been up for quite a while trying to fix this problem, if you have any idea how to help me, I would be deeply appreciative. If you need any more info, just tell me.

Thank you!

deargodpleasehelp

Re: No sound.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:48:01 AM »
if you need any more info, just tell me.

Thank you!

Indeed we do, is this a Notebook or Desktop PC?
I'm having a hard time understanding what your trying to explain here, as of drivers and the Seanix website,
<Link removed, Broken/Dead Link> Site was dead-linked...

åThe site may be slow at loading but it's the best I can find, But if I can find the drivers you need I'll be sure to try to deliver them to you ASAP, with a full link...

AFAIK, What kind of speakers or sound device do you even use?? You never said what they were...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:58:06 AM by deargodpleasehelp »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:09:51 AM »
You need to find out which MBoard is in that machine and DLoad the appropiate drivers for it...

MBoard chipset drivers go 1st.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Citizen Swooboo

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 07:37:43 AM »
    Yup sounds like you need the Realtek sound drivers for your motherboard.  If you get a program such as Everest (can be found at download dot com or a simple websearch), it'll tell you what kind of motherboard you have, and from there you can seek the manufacturer website to find the exact drivers you need.