Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE links  (Read 3365 times)

John Mc

IE links
« on: August 09, 2005, 08:30:27 AM »
I had several links open and the pressed the tile or cascade button on the tool bar.   Since then when I open a link it will not open as maximised and I have to maximise each link page.   The main page opens as maximised.   What do I need to do to make all links open as maximised?

2k dummy

Re: IE links
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 08:39:17 AM »
Right click on the tool bar and change the option.

John Mc

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 09:24:03 AM »
This doesn't work.   The only options are either cascade the windows or tile horizontally or vertically.   All I want is for all windows and links to open maximised so I don't have to maximise each new window (the first window opens maximised when I sign on).

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 04:30:47 PM »
To increase or change the size, click on the Restore button, the middle one in the upper right hand corner of the toolbar.
Resize the window and then close the Internet Explorer

John Mc

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 04:01:43 AM »
I tried this already but everytime I open a link it is not maximised.   I also tried maximising links, shutting down IE and rebooting but no success - the links sitll open small whereas before pressing the 'tile horizontal' setting on the toolbar they used to open maximised.
Does anybody know of any setting that can be changed to open all links as maximised?

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 04:23:16 AM »
Don't know why you'd bother with browsing in different Windows.

Use Mozilla Firefox and ditch Internet Explorer all together.