Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop cannot connect to internet  (Read 3180 times)

ARK

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Laptop cannot connect to internet
    « on: January 28, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »
    Sony Vaio Laptop (model number VPCF136FX) will not connect to internet. There does not appear to be any driver issues. I can see the wireless networks, but cannot connect to them. Thanks.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Laptop cannot connect to internet
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »
    Is this a new problem?
    Run the Wireless wizard again. Please report any errors or messages that indicate why it does not connect.

ARK

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
      Thanks for the reply. When I go to trouble shoot the internet problem, I get a message telling me the Diagnostic Policy Services is not running. When I try to start it, I get another message telling me I cannot start the service: Error 5: Access is denied.

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
      Where are you trying to connect (home, motel, ...)?  The connection you are triing to make may require a pass code to access.  If at home can you connect via cable and utilize the internet?

Is the wireless turned on both for the transmitting and the laptop (ran accross this several times where one or the other is not).
      "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."