Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I know Tiff formats can made editable online but I don’t know how?  (Read 3301 times)

poonam123

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi, I have downloaded Tax forms from a site but they are in tiff format and I need to make some changes and enter new numbers in these forms, they are not allowing me to do anything because tiff format. I know Tiff formats can made editable online but I don’t know how, I am sure in this platform some one would read about my faux pas and respond by pointing me in right direction. Thanks in advance.

reddevilggg

Expert

Re: I know Tiff formats can made editable online but I don’t know how?
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 04:26:18 AM »

Being as you have not stated which country you are in, i cannot check the forms, but i was always under the impression that downloaded forms were to print off, so that you can fill them in and post them
    11 cheers for binary !

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:05:38 AM »
    TIFF files are image files. If you got a form in that format, to enter text and figures into the blanks you would need to use an image editor. Paint which is supplied with Windows has a text tool and can do this. But read the instructions on the form carefully because they may state that you must use a pen, and may even specify the colour of the ink.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 05:10:49 AM »

But read the instructions on the form carefully because they may state that you must use a pen, and may even specify the colour of the ink.

Yes, i went to the UK tax site and there was a 'online form' to fill in
    11 cheers for binary !

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 05:18:31 AM »

Yes, i went to the UK tax site and there was a 'online form' to fill in

Where I work we download P46 forms from HMRC in PDF format and print them off double sided on a colour laser to send to new recruits along with our own forms for their contact & bank details. I think it's a waste of money personally,  black is just as good, but it's not my money. Like you say I reckon a downloadable TIF must be for printing off and filling in by hand.

vijeta negi

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 03:55:56 AM »
    Go to  www.onlinedocumentconversion.com upload your Tiff forms, convert them to rtf & then edit with your numbers!. ;) :) :-*

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 07:09:54 AM »

Go to  www.onlinedocumentconversion.com upload your Tiff forms, convert them to rtf & then edit with your numbers!. ;) :) :-*

For a price  ::) :P
    11 cheers for binary !

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 07:40:05 AM »
    Hi, I have downloaded Tax forms from a site ...
    From what site?  If you want U.S. federal tax forms, you can download them from irs.gov in PDF and view and fill-in using a PDF reader. 

Salmon Trout

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 09:09:34 AM »
    For a price  ::) :P

I already posted how to type stuff into a Tiff using MS paint; that poster (vijeta negi) is a spammer, either that or they can't read.