Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer sleeps randomly!!  (Read 5276 times)

ffx77905

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer sleeps randomly!!
    « on: March 30, 2011, 11:38:41 PM »
    So while I'm on my computer minding my own business my screens go black and all my USB devices turn off.  I click my mouse buttons and it comes back to the log-on screen but my keyboard doesn't work.  It will repeat this over and over then stop.  It has done this a couple times today.  Well it did it again but this time it was opening tabs and typing text.  So i unplugged my keyboard.  It stopped when i plugged it back in immediately sleeps again.  I went through my power settings and everything is set there. Thanks for the help!

Win 7
    Intel i7 930
    EVGA X58 MOBO
    9GB Gskill Ram
    64GB Gskill SSD

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Computer sleeps randomly!!
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:19:16 AM »
      I went through my power settings and everything is set there.

What are set under power options? Disable all or choose Never and click Apply. A lot of X58 mobo is shown on support site. Have you also look into BIOS setup for any power options?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »
    Is this a home built desktop?
    How old is it?
    What happens if you reduce the power load on the system? Did you try that?  Such as removing some RAM, removing USB devices, using fail-safe settings in the BIOS and power-off floppy and DVD drives can reduce the total power and thermal load.

ffx77905

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 01:06:06 AM »
      What are set under power options? Disable all or choose Never and click Apply. A lot of X58 mobo is shown on support site. Have you also look into BIOS setup for any power options?

I chose never for everything in the power settings.  I don't think its a power issue seems more like a driver or software issue but i have no conflicts in device manager.

Is this a home built desktop?
      How old is it?
      What happens if you reduce the power load on the system? Did you try that?  Such as removing some RAM, removing USB devices, using fail-safe settings in the BIOS and power-off floppy and DVD drives can reduce the total power and thermal load

I built it myself probably only a little over a year old.  Thermal issue i feel isn't a problem it's water cooled but no leaks thankfully.  I went ahead and unplugged a few things and received no change in behavior.  It just sleeps and then i lose the ability to use my keyboard.  Even to select to start windows normally at boot the enter key doesn't work.

ffx77905

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 01:21:24 AM »
        I went poking through my device manager and noticed that i have two keyboard drivers running simultaneously. Is this normal?   

ffx77905

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »
          It started working again. I guess I'll see how long it lasts. Thank for all your help!

ISO Pro

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »
          if there is 2 keyboreds running you might have a keylogger on your pc but dont end task if you end the wrong one ur going to have to reload ur whole sys after you wipe ur drive

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:19:24 AM »
          if there is 2 keyboreds running you might have a keylogger on your pc but dont end task if you end the wrong one ur going to have to reload ur whole sys after you wipe ur drive

Nonsense...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "